18 January 2008

i know who you are-- you're john robie the cat!!

I stayed up way too late last night writing more personal statements, but at least I had To Catch a Thief to keep me company. Ahh, TCM, you always know just what I need at 2am. I watch this movie every time it's on (along with every other Kelly-Hitchcock collabo). This is definitely one of my all-time favorites. The scenery! The costumes! Kelly & Grant! French! The sizzling chemistry! A Masquerade ball!


You can't deny that Grace Kelly wearing Edith Head is a fashion icon. There isn't much more to be said about her that hasn't been said, and I love her for all those same reasons. My Nana gave me a Princess Grace paper doll set when I was young, and I've been completely intrigued by her beauty ever since. This dress was pretty much the best paper-doll outfit ever:




Cary Grant isn't looking too bad himself. I am such a sucker for a classy man.






Although Grace is the ultimate in ladylike beauty, I don't exactly have a wardrobe to emulate her style in this movie. So to fill my craving today, I opted for a Cary-inspired look instead.

What a great movie...I think I'll finally suck it up and buy the DVD so I can watch it anytime.

6 comments:

SHE♥FAHSHUN said...

yes, grace is an icon! love the post, MEGA AMAZING, thanks for commenting. Yeah I know, I just commented back like 2 weeks later..:)

Heather said...

Oh my gold dress! I love your scarf!

Wendy said...

Grace Kelly is an idol. I went to Monaco over the summer and got to visit her palace. The country had posters of her everywhere too.

Great outfit! The striped top is so cool.

The Clothes Horse said...

I don't know why, but I don't like Grace Kelly--she's always so distant and cold seeming. I love Cary Grant though and your outfit is very nice and chic. Have you seen Charade? A very good Cary Grant/Audrey Hepburn pairing.

alana said...

amazing! soo glad i found your site.. was so good to read something so refreshingly unpretentious! hope you don't mind if i link you?

lily said...

she is stunning, i like how you went for grant instead of her!