24 January 2008

hey, cool hair!

I had a hair appointment today, so I spent part of yesterday browsing for a new look. When I typed the admittedly vague phrase "cool hair" into google, here are some gems that turned up:

yikes, dude. The scariest part? I've seen dudes who look pretty much like this...rednecks abound in the south.

I'm going to have to disagree wholeheartedly.

Ok, I can't even see hair here!

Again with the lack of hair!

Ummm?

Finally, we have Freddie Prinze, his "cool hair" documented on a fan site called: "He's All That....and More". LOL!

What I was hoping to find was inspiration like the Anna Sui S/S 2008 runway:

I like the side-bangs and the use of color. I have long wanted to experiment with hair color (although maybe less dramatically) but after consulting with my hairdresser, we decided to do one more dark treatment before we add anything else (ah, the trials of going from blond to brunette).

So my hair isn't necessarily cool, it's just pretty classic and a little boring. But, if the google search I did is any indication, well then I don't want my hair to be "cool" anyway!

Anna Sui photos from Style.com

6 comments:

WendyB said...

Great pix...I laughed out loud! I got my hair cut earlier in the day. Too bad I missed this inspiration!

Unknown said...

haha! That first photo is frightening! And the Internet is an endless abyss of no good hair photos... usually I break down and get a magazine and keep it for a few haircuts' worth.

Wendy said...

Great post! The first photo is too cool for school. My hair would be super boring if not for the occasional waves I get when I wake up in the mornings.

lily said...

i love anna sui :)
hair is soo difficult to get right but i'm sure yours looks lovely

Mari said...

Haha, wow, I'm loving the first one...

molly said...

that first picture really freaks me out

great blog, by the way