01 January 2008

happy 2008

I hope everyone had a wonderful night last night! Unfortunately for me, New Year's Eve is always exciting in theory but lame in practice. This is especially true when you have to work both NYE and first thing this morning. Bummer.

I thought I'd go ahead and do the ordinary posting of the goals (the ones slightly related to blogging at least), putting out there will hopefully keep me honest!

One. take more pictures! Not just to hopefully make my blog more spicy, but for my life in general. I never take my camera with me, and I always miss out on great photo ops.

Two. refine my wardrobe. I need to completely weed out my wardrobe, selling/donating the things that aren't beneficial to me anymore. We all have items that we hang onto for unknown reasons, even if they have been unworn for years. For me, it's usually a feeling of "well someday I'll have the perfect opportunity to wear this". But hopefully getting rid of those "what if" items will help me be more creative with my current items...and to be frugal as well! This lead me to...

Three. shop sparingly. Some days, I spend hours just fruitlessly wandering the internet, looking at lots of new clothes that I will never buy or afford. Although I think getting inspiration is worthwhile, there is a fine line between looking for inspiration and becoming consumed by the desire to buy. I should just keep a list of what I need and try to stick to it.


I really do get excited about the start of a new year. It is so full of promise! I hope to keep blogging even more, and hope to keep reading all the other wonderful blogs out there. Have a great year!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I've only had a wild New Year's once in my life. I was hoping to break that pattern, sad day.

My resolutions are very much in line with yours, I forsee many future trips to Plato's Closet in the next couple of weeks...

Kristin said...

My New Year was as boring as hell. But I don't think I dropped by for it so Happy New Year (belated). lol

Wendy said...

Unfortunately, mine was the same. I stayed home and entertained my family's friends. It was a pathetic night.

Elle said...

Hey - found your blog through ASJiNE - really like it! I'll definitely be back :)