29 July 2008

brands are creeping in

Creeping into my consciousness, that is. I am pretty good at staying away from sites where I know I can't afford the vast majority of items, like net-a-porter, Saks, Bergdorf's, Barney's, etc. I'll catch those gorgeous wares when they pop up on blogs of the well-to-do or in magazines, but I don't deliberately search them out. This way, I am not quite as tortured with completely unattainable images bombarding my consciousness. Shopbop's clothing has always been in the upper ranges of my downsized fantasies, but sometimes they have things that are affordable to me. But lately, they keep on adding more and more expensive brands to the point where I can't visit their site without a mini sartorial crisis.
"AHHHH why do I only fall for the most expensive things!? I will never be able to fully express my style because everything I can afford is cheap and ugly! I might as well just wear a sweatsuit everyday for the rest of my life!!"
Ok, deep breath, and everything's fine.
This might have happened to me this morning when an email from Shopbop announced the arrival of Alexander Wang to their collection of brands, and the arrival of a new beautiful dress into my mind.


Unfortunately, unless the dress goes on sale for oh, about 95% off, I will never see it in person.
here for $796.
Oh Shopbop, you now have Elizabeth & James, See by Chloe, Jovovich-Hawk, the "designer boutique," and now Alexander Wang. You are just becoming a little Net-a-Porter Jr., aren't you!

Well, it continues to be so hot here that I just want to lay around in my underwear anyway. I was NEVER this hot in Florida! I am barely being kept alive by 2 small fans, and then our power went out and that was the longest night of my life. Tomorrow I'm excited because I'll be doing a little freelance-babysitting in (in my opinion) the poshest hotel in the city, which includes a gorgeous pool. That little bugger better LOVE to swim!!

No comments: