07 July 2008

lily & marc

I hope everyone's 4th was great. I personally spent the day packing all my personal belongings and watching an Alfred Hitchcock marathon on tv. No complaints! I'm getting close to the end of my time here if Florida, so I had to make sure and go to my favorite hairdresser of all time before I leave. When I got home, I opened Jezebel to see that my girl Lily got the same 'do on the same day.



I promise I'm not just a creepy fangirl, I've been debating bangs-or-not for quite a while now. I like it, and now that straight-irons exist, I'm sure my bangs won't be the disaster they were in 7th grade when I had huge, thick bangs that curled up in the humidity on my way to the bus stop and never, ever looked good. Seriously- the day I got my first CHI iron, my life was changed.

And, earlier, I stumbled upon a huge sale during my last pilgrimage to the Neiman Marcus outlet. If only I wasn't trying to pinch every penny, I would have gone crazy. I scooped one Marc by Marc sweater for $43, and tried on a fabulous dress. I thought it was fate- 100% silk with lace arms/yoke, with a small bowtie at the neck. It was a size 2, which I'm really not, but I had to try it on since it was only $76. It totally fit! I was going to justify it but I just didn't like how the skirt hung from the bodice. The seaming was a little lumpy. Even though it was a great deal and quite beautiful, fit is the most important thing, and I wouldn't wear it much.


the dress that almost was.

I will sure miss the abundance of outlet shopping here!

1 comment:

alana said...

sigh... deadly jealous of the 'do.