22 September 2007

of course i watched it.

So, Gossip Girl. I loved the books ever since they came out, even if I'm a little old for them (23). I wrote about my obsession a few months ago, and now I can finally see Blair, Serena, Nate, Dan, Vanessa & the crew in the flesh. Although I was a little disappointed with the portrayal of the Humphreys and the fact that they tried to cram way too much into the first episode, of course I loved the show (even if I always pictured Serena as more of a Mischa Barton-slash-Kate Bosworth type). Blair is definitely my favorite character, and I think the actress to play her(Leighton Meester) can carry off her snark/bitchiness perfectly.

I am definitely looking forward to seeing all the great fashion that's sure to grace the show. Those dang high school girls have amazing taste & limitless budgets. The CW even has a cool feature where you can click on a character and see/purchase some of the items they wore in each episode. Too bad Serena's awesome minidress from Kiss on the Lips is by Tory Burch & costs $450. But I can afford her knee socks!

No comments: