16 September 2007

finally.

I'M BACK on the day every poor-girl-who-loves-fashion comes out of the woodworks to see what's going on- the newest GO International collection came out today. Alice Temperley, I am in love. After being SO disappointed with the last few collections (plus Vera Wang for Kohl's), I honestly didn't have high hopes. But, I decided to book it to Target this morning just in case. The clothes hadn't even made it to the displays yet, but there was a big rolling rack full of Temperely sitting in the aisles- I made myself at home.
What a difference! The first thing I noticed was the good quality of the fabric. There are a bunch of crepe pieces, and they are very substantial.

This is what I actually bought (ahem, so far). Please ignore the HORRIBLE styling/detail that Target uses on its website. Geez I hate it- even on the models, the clothes aren't impressive. Anyway, the dress is fully lined, all real buttons, super cute gray color. I tried it on with my bright blue leggings, gray tights, and black leggings and it look great with all 3. The tank is so cute under a cardi, and I had to get the sweater for the signature insartia design.

These are some more things I tried on. The mini dress is a thick crepe, hangs really well. They only had pink in the store, so I may order the yellow online. It's a little longer on my non-model body, but still needing leggings or tights! The gray blouse is so gorgeous, lots of buttons and thick ruffles. I just don't know if I have anywhere to wear it (it is very fancy)- if I think of something, it is mine for sure. And the bloomers- same thing- cute, fit well, but no hole in my wardrobe for them.

Go check out the Temperley page at Target. Click through all the flash "looks", and see if you don't get as excited as me for the upcoming releases. The sweater dress! The pink swiss dotted blouse! The slouchy hat! I have no idea when they come out, but you know I'll be checking back daily just in case. My love for Target has been officially restored. Now I am pumped for Erin Fetherston too!

3 comments:

WendyB said...

You've convinced me to order the sweater! I hope I like it! OR ELSE!! :-) I kid, I kid.

christine said...

haha...well I haven't read too many good reviews about the line, but personally, I love it!

Unknown said...

The 1st dress in the 2nd pic looks very
beautiful.I like it very much.