12 April 2009

My birthday was pretty fun, just because it was the same day as Barrister's Ball, fondly referred to as "Law School Prom". I would rate it WAY more fun than my senior prom where I basically was dumped by my date as soon as we walked in, but less fun than my Junior Prom, where I had the sweetest dress in school and went with people I loved.
Anyway, "prom" was fun because I was, well, very much loosened up...enough to just dance the whole time! And there was hummus there, so that was cool.

My dress worked out well, and I found some cute 4.5" beige/coppery Steve Madden heels @ Ross for 9.99. They were comfortable until I realized that dancing my heart out in brand new shoes had left gashes (not blisters) on the side of both feet. They are just now healing!

My mom gave me a Visa gift card for my birthday, and I am just trying to decide if I should get new running shoes or highlights/hair cut. I need both desperately, but one is going to have to wait until my summer loans come through! I have been proud of my running lately, it's been so hard with the weather not able to decide if it's winter or spring. I hate it. Jillian has been keeping me sane on ExerciseTV on demand, at least. To try and keep my motivation up, I have been reading some running blogs..Skinny Runner and The Chic Runner are inspirational and have some other great links. I was planning on doing the SLC 1/2 marathon next week, but just can't swing the $65 entry fee.

Anyway, I can't believe I am less than a month away from completing my whole first year of law school. It is so exciting. The year has truly been a blur and I struggle with feeling stupid every day, but I have a good feeling that I'm in the right place, doing what I should be doing.

Hope everyone has a happy Easter/Passover. I was super lucky to get hooked up with the Easter brunch at my favorite hotel in the city. I was thinking of wearing a white dress but with the weather still in the 40s/50s, it just doesn't feel right. We'll see!

3 comments:

perh said...

We couldn't find a way to contact you on your site, so we're leaving this comment!

We love your blog and think you would be great for our new service!
We're approaching bloggers and our goal is to help bloggers earn money with their blogs!

Our system is free to join,
there is no obligation and no cost to you.

If you're interested check out our website - http://blogfa.me)
but the best way to learn about our service is to read our introduction email, so shoot us an email at blogvertorial@gmail.comand we will send you our pitch letter with more information!

Love you! - We look forward to hearing from you!
- perh | FA.ME blogvertorial services

Anonymous said...

thanks for the shoutout! doesn't running kinda get addicting, you love it when you can do it and the times you cant, you really start to miss it!

Annie said...

Is there any chance I could talk to you about law school? Promise I'm not a paedo ;) www.modeandme.blogspot.com or annie.britton2@googlemail.com