04 February 2009

walk it out

Getting through this last stretch of winter weather takes a lot out of us. For me, any little psychological boost I can find is needed to hoist me up from the brink of constant grumpiness. When I am walking through the sludge and slush, and the bus is 15 minutes late again, and the sun just can't seem to peek through the clouds, a good song really helps get my mood right. As I walk the last few blocks to class, I can strut along with the music and forget about all the lame crap that winter brings.

Here is my FORGETTING WINTER walking mix:

F**k Me Pumps - Amy Winehouse
Poker Face - Lady GaGa
Could You Be Loved - Bob Marley
Piece of Me - Britney
Candy Shop - Madonna
Float On - Modest Mouse
Got Your Number - Nadia Oh
Whatcha Think About That - Pussycat Dolls
Disturbia - Rihanna
Dreamworld - Rilo Kiley
Trouble - Britney
10 Dollar - M.I.A.
Forever - Chris Brown
Golden Years - Bowie
Elevator - Flo Rida
Rich Girl - Gwen & Eve
Someone Great - LCD Soundsystem
One Week of Danger - The Virgins
Seize the Day - Newsies (really! -but you could substitute King of New York if you'd like)

No comments: