Thank you Katie for tagging me, giving me an excuse to make a post!
Here are 6 useless facts about me--
1) I am completely addicted to diet soda. It doesn't have to be a certain kind; I like variety. Right now there are 12-packs of Diet Sunkist, Diet A&W, and Diet Dr. Pepper in my room.
2) Sometimes when I'm bored, I will watch LMN (that's Lifetime Movie Network for those of you who actually have lives). My favorite movies are the outrageously unrealistic ones like: the stepdaughter is slowly poisoning the stepfather so he dies & she gets his fortune; the babysitter is blamed for a woman's death after she starts sleeping with the husband of said dead woman; a psychopath hides their illness to get revenge on a former lover; a woman's former lover randomly moves to the 600-population town where she lives, causing lots of trouble...you get the picture. I don't like the movies based on true stories (too boring. unless they are starring Tracey Gold. And/or are about anorexia).
3) I grew up as a total tomboy, and I'm still struggling to get away from it. My life revolved around sports, so it was a rude awakening once school ended and I only ran/rode recreationally. I always thought of skirts as "Sunday outfits" and I am just now getting comfortable wearing skirts in day-to-day life.
4) I hate going to bed early. There is no real reason, and it makes no sense since in general I adore sleeping and find pure joy in taking naps. Also, you know those days when you just fantasize all day about crawling back in bed? I have lots of those days. My inability to go to bed at a reasonable hour has been detrimental to my studies as well as my stints as a member of the 8:00-5:00 workforce. Also, the late-night tv watching leads me to know of the existence of products like that above. Apparently it's a series, and I must beg, WHY!? Reaalllllyyy hoping that the word "uncut" on the box is not a double entendre...
This car is out in front of the hotel...
5)My 2nd job (on-and-off for 2 1/2 years) is at this Disney World hotel that is themed in 1920's style. For most of the day (until the live music starts in the afternoon), they play a continuous loop of only about 10 ragtime/Joplin-style songs over the speakers. Everyone finds this very annoying and complains about the severely limited variety of songs, but I secretly love the music.
5) I have done 3 triathlons since living in Florida. They are so fun, but it takes a ton of time to train and get ready for them. I haven't competed in the past couple years, but I plan on getting back into them in the future. We are officially moving to the mountain west (for law school) where outdoor sports rule, so hopefully it will help motivate me to go out and run & get on my bike (unfortunately, nothing really motivates me to swim laps. Years of indoor swim practice killed my love of swimming for speed, although I practice when I have to).
I don't want to call anyone out, but post your 6 fun facts if you dare!