20 February 2008

back from the blizzard

I need a better camera

Yep, I definitely froze. 20 degrees plus 5 feet of snow were almost unbearable to me--currently I am sitting under a fleece blanket, chilled by the 65 degree air outside.

Unfortunately, my trip added to my recently growing feeling of ennui toward fashion. We spent wayyyy too much money on a stupid rental car (never, ever rent a car, especially if you're under 25), very much draining my finances and making clothing shopping veritably impossible for the foreseeable future. The trip brought to my attention the huge absence of cute cold-weather clothes in my closet, which will be a huge problem if we (most likely) leave Florida this fall. As soon as we flew home, I had to go right back to work-- to my job that requires I wear a swimsuit every single day. On days off like today, I just stay home working on law school stuff, and this combination does not warrant for creative outfits or even a desire to dress well. So I'm just spending my day waiting for Project Runway to come on, trying to fight the desire to order a large pizza, and wearing jeans and a gray t-shirt. Ugh I am just so uninspired!

But anyway, tonight they announce Project Runway's fan favorite. I have been trying to guess who it might be. Based on personality, I'd vote for Chris aka the only contestant with the brass to actually fall asleep during a runway challenge. He is awfully sweet and I am just dying to see him succeed.

I was so happy when he returned from premature elimination, and I'm hoping he is one of the final 3 (even though we already know he got to show a full collection regardless).

Based on design alone, my favorites are a toss-up between Jillian and Christian. Jillian's was my favorite by far from the museum challenge. And who could forget the awesome coat she designed mostly by herself?


Like everyone else, I feel like Christian is the one to beat and I've loved his designs since the first challenge.


I'm anxious to see who finally wins...this has been one of the best seasons yet. Every runway show looked like it was done by a seasoned, bona fide designer. If you want, go check out all four final collections. I am going to have to predict Christian for the win.

3 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I'm so sad I don't get Bravo at school! I miss Project Runway.

Anonymous said...

This is the first Project Runway I've paid attention to, despite having several friends who are addicted. I'll have to see if I can catch the earlier seasons on DVR.

Wendy said...

I like Christian's first design, so glamorous!